Now Hiring at Pompton Plains and Sayreville location for immediate start.
Full time and Part time positions available. Certified MAs or soon to be certified. MA and Front Desk experience preferred. Competetive salary and incentive bonus.
Assists providers in the examination and treatment of patients following established standards and practices, as directed by the physician leader.
Responsible for greeting patients, creating and updating patient and insurance information in the computer system, verifying and analyzing health insurance benefits, explaining payment policies and billing/collections processes, generating charge ticket information, accepting, posting and balancing cash drawer, scheduling follow-up appointments along with chart delivery and retrieval.
MA Job Duties:
- Greet patients in waiting area, assure patient flow runs smoothly and efficiently, escort patients to discharge counter.
- Obtain patient history; assess/triage patient, measure vital signs, and record information on chart.
- Explain treatment procedures and prepare patient and exam room for examination.
- Position instruments and equipment and hand to physician as directed. Clean and sterilize instruments and equipment after use.
- Administer injections, eye and ear irrigations and enemas, dress/bandage wound and incisions, draw blood, and assist physician with any procedures.
- Perform diagnostic tests including eye exams, electrocardiograph, defibrillator, cardiac monitor, oxygen equipment, pulse ox, peak flow and inhalation treatment equipment.
- Perform CLIA-waived lab tests, draw blood and collect, label and process specimens for send-out.
- Perform both DOT and Non-DOT urine drug screens, using proper chain of custody; ensure preparation for pick-up and shipment to appropriate laboratory.
- Change sterile and non-sterile dressings.
- Where applicable, assist radiology technician with x-ray set-up.
- Complete medical chart to include medical services rendered, test results, and supplies used.
- Perform patient call backs, arrange referrals and testing, and schedule follow-up appointments.
- Monitor disposable inventory and place orders for medical supplies and pharmaceuticals.
- Perform quality checks on medical equipment.
- Assist registration staff and perform additional clerical duties as necessary.
Front Desk Job Duties:
- Greet, register, instruct, discharge and provide general assistance to patients.
- Obtain demographic and financial information and enter into computer system.
- Verify insurance eligibility and relay relevant information on payment policies and billing/collection processes.
- Determine and collect co-pays, co-insurance, deductibles, past due balances and other patient financial responsibility and maintain and balance cash drawer.
- Assemble medical records and distribute to correct locations, process and file charts.
- Confirm medical chart is complete, patient understands physician instructions and financial responsibility is settled before patient leaves.
- Retrieve and fax/mail medical records to primary care providers and insurance carriers per patient request.
- Answer telephone, take messages and return voicemails.
- Perform clerical tasks as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent and graduate of accredited program for Medical Assisting.
- Certifiied/Registered MA or soon to be certified.
- Medical assisting experience a plus.
- Ability to accurately read and write medical terminology.
- Ability to work independently and with the public in a high-pressure environment.
- CPR certification.
- Completion of accredited medical assisting program.
- Ability to work all shifts including, day, night, and weekend hours as needed.
- Ability to escort or transport patient by wheelchair or stretcher when appropriate.
- Basic computer skills including familiarity with electronic medical records.
- Types 25 words per minute with 96% accuracy.
- Detail oriented with excellent interpersonal communication skills.